Greek Lemon Cupcakes With Greek Yogurt and Olive Oil.
photo by sheepdoc
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 7 ounces low fat Greek yogurt (200 grams)
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 lemon, juiced
- 2 lemons, Zest
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees Celsius),and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl mix sugar and olive oil, add the eggs and mix.
- Add the yogurt, lemon peel and lemon juice and mix well.
- In another bowl blend flour with baking powder.Add the flour ½ a cup at a time to the batter while mixing.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and remove and let them cool completely. When cool drizzle with glaze.
- Lemon Glaze.
- Add powdered sugar to lemon juice stirring with a spoon until you have a thick consistency that is pourable. The ratio is about ½ cup powdered sugar for every tablespoon of lemon juice. Start with the smaller amount and make more if needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!