Greek Chickpea & Tuna Pitas
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery, diced
- 3 -4 large scallions, diced
- 4 pita bread
- Mix the ingredients together for the dressing, set aside.
- Stir the chickpeas, tuna, parsley, celery, & scallions together in a bowl. Pour over the dressing, mix well.
- Stuff each pita with equal amounts of the tuna mixture.
Join The Conversation
This was so easy and tasty! There were a couple changes I made, due to not having certain ingredients on hand: basil instead of marojam and omitted the celery. I used roma tomatoes and threw some feta cheese into the mix. I ate this with homemade pita pockets. It was so delicious! Thank you so much!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.