This is very quick to make, light, and very Greek. You could add some grilled chicken breast strips over top if you like. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
Other ingredients needed
- 4 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- The sauce for this recipe is to be cooked quickly over a high flame so it is recommended that you have all ingredients preped and ready when you begin.
- Start by placing the olive sauce ingredients into a bowl and set aside. Place pasta into a large pot of boiling salted water. (Penne generally takes 10-12 minutes to cook al dente).
- When pasta is about 3-4 minutes from done, melt the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the garlic. Add the olive sauce and let it simmer until pasta is ready.
- Drain pasta well, return it to the pot and stir in 2/3 of the sauce. Place the pasta onto a serving plate and pour the rest of the sauce over top. Sprinkle with feta cheese and fresh basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION