Great Spaghetti Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 lb hamburger (80/20 or leaner is better)
- 2 onions, of average size finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic (5 cloves)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet put the chopped onion, garlic, sausage and burger. Cook until brown stirring often.
- Drain fat.
- Put beef/sausage mixture as well as all remaining ingredients into a LARGE stock pot or Crockpot.
- Cook on low for several hours stirring occasionally.
- Fish out the bay leaves. Eat what you want that day on Spaghetti and store the rest in single use sized freezer bags in the freezer for future use.
- I use this sauce for spaghetti, lasagna, on pizza's etc.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!