Great Escape Coffee Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicious Breakfast Cake or Dessert! My grandmother and mother used to make this... Always a big hit growing up and now with my husband.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream (i use fat free)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- Cream 1 cup of margarine and 2 cups of sugar.
- Beat in 2 eggs.
- Fold in 1 cup of sour cream, 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Add 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder.
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt and beat until smooth.
- Prepare topping.
- Mix nuts, sugar and cinnamon together.
- Spoon half of mixture into greased angel food cake pan.
- Sprinkle with half of topping.
- Add remaining batter and cover with remaining topping.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION