photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup green creme de menthe
- 1⁄4 cup Tia Maria or 1/4 cup other coffee liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot & strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Divide the 2 liqueurs equally between 2 tall glasses & mix well.
- Fill ea glass equally w/the hot coffee & top w/whipped cream.
- COOKS TIP #1: The recipe suggested a garnish using the thin "after dinner style" choc mints cut diagonally & inserted into the whipped cream topping. The pic of same is visually stunning, but simple choc shavings will work equally well for me. :-).
- COOKS TIP #2: "Use coffee strong enough so as not to taste watery or be too diluted by the liqueurs, but weaker than espresso.".
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious cup of coffee. The crème de menthe added a lot of flavor and gave it a refreshing tone. I didn't taste the Kahlua very much, the crème de menthe was more prominent. That's not really a negative comment because it wasn't too much of the minty taste, just that that Kahlua wasn't a dominant flavor. Next time, I might try doubling the amount of Kahlua. I really enjoyed this recipe, twissis.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an American transplanted from Dallas to Iceland by marriage to a native Icelander & I retired to become his "Kitchen Queen". We love to entertain our family & friends, so I have an eclectic collection of recipes. I especially love simple, easy-fix, flexible & make-ahead recipes - BUT also like challenging myself on occasion. I enjoy baking & food photography. I am devoted to the "More is Always Better Principle" & apply it liberally to bacon, butter & garlic. I can have ingredient issues due to availability here in Iceland & my DH is medically diet-restricted from some ingredients as well. Either situation might require me to modify a recipe, but I will do my best to be true to your recipes & fair/honest in my reviews. Mary Pat (aka twissis)