Grape Tarte Tatin
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 10 (15 inch) sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red california grapes or 1 1/2 lbs black california grapes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Roll puff pastry until it's 1/8 inch thick. Using a bowl as a template, use the tip of a sharp knife cut out a 10 1/2 inch circle of puff pastry.
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, preferably non-stick or cast-iron. Stirring frequently, add grapes and cook until many have burst and are golden in places, about 15 minutes. Stir in the sugar, lemon, and salt and simmer 1 minute longer or until liquid has thickened slightly.
- Push grapes into a single layer and cover with puff pastry. Bake until puffed and brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a round plate. Serve warm and cut into wedges. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!