Grape-Nuts Flake Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup chunky applesauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup grape nut flakes cereal
- 1⁄2 1/2 cranberries (optional) or 1/2 other dried fruits (optional)
- Stir together the first 5 ingredients.
- Stir beaten egg into milk then add applesauce and stir well.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry stirring well.
- Stir in melted butter, cereal, and raisins.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degress for about 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Love this recipe although didn't have the exact ingredients so had to change it a little. Had grape nuts so soaked them in the milk before adding to the dry mixture. didn't have brown sugar so used coconut sugar instead. Did use raisins and wanted to add walnuts too but forgot. This is perfect with a cup of coffee and I am sure it would be perfect with tea, too. Thanks for sharing.