Grape Molasses Raisin Cookies
photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup grape molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream butterand sugar in a large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses and egg and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, spices, and salt and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix well, and then stir in raisins.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour for easy shaping.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1" balls then roll in sugar to coat well.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum, these are very tasty cookies indeed! They have a lovely crunchy texture and a really nice flavour, too! The cinnamon is a wonderful addition! I left out the sugar in the dough and that way they were still quite sweet due to the sugar coating and the fruit sweetness from the raisins. I got 34 nicely sized cookies out of the full recipe and had to bake them slightly longer than stated (about 15 minutes). I didnt need to chill my dough, I just floured my hands a little and it was fine. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Thedeath458! I will surely make it again. Made for one of my "babies" in Sping PAC 2009.