Grape Juice and Jam
- Ready In:
- 1 kg black grapes
- 2 kg sugar
- 2 teaspoons citric acid (optional)
- Wash the grapes and separate from stem.
- Boil the grapes in just enough water to cover without stirring until grapes are cooked (skins split open and the grapes collapse)
- water should be pink.
- Remove from heat and filter the juice in a seive carefully without crushing the fruit. (If you crush the fruit, the juice will not be clear).
- FOR JUICE- Take the filtered pink water and add 1 Kg sugar and 1 tsp citric acid.
- Boil for 1 min only, remove from heat immediately and bottle.
- FOR JAM- if seedless grapes, put in a blender and make a puree, if seeds are present, rub through a seive to remove the seeds.
- Take the pulp, add1Kg sugar and 1 tsp citric acid. Boil till sheeting occurs on high heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!