This is a recipe that I came up with after just being tired of that granola flake stuff that you need a spoon to eat. I wanted something I could pick up when I was on the go, but still something with that wonderful granola crunch. So, this is it. ENJOY!
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup your favorite nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter (try not to use margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup dates, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 325°F In a large bowl, stir together the first 5 ingredients; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and maple syrup together in the microwave on high.
- Stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and pour onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the granola over and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the dried fruit while still hot.
- Serve when cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My husband and I love this granola. It's chewy and sweet tasting. I add a tsp of vanilla and sub part of the maple syrup with honey and/or agave syrup. I add in some ground flaxseeds and mix in a little coconut and raw sunflower seeds. Dried blueberries and dried cherries are a good add-in. I usually add the dried fruit for the last 10 minutes of baking. Very good!Reply