Granny's Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- DO NOT PREHEAT THE OVEN.
- Mix butter and shortening until lightly mixed.
- Mix sugar in one cup at a time.
- Mix eggs in one at a time.
- Mix milk and flour in alternately.
- Grease bunt pan and pour in batter.
- Put your batter in a COLD oven.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and then from pan.
- "Sweat" the cake, by wrapping it in wax paper and tinfoil, until it cools. This will make it moist. It won't be anywhere near as good if you don't do this.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!