"granny Squash" (Creamed Squash)
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 yellow squash, sliced in rounds
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 cup water (for steaming)
- Combine water, squash and onions in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 or 15 mins until squash is tender.
- Drain water and return mixture to the pan.
- Smash squash mixture with a fork until thoroughly broken down.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!