Granny Lea's Griddle Scones
- Ready In:
16 large scones
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together eggs and milk.
- Cut margarine into dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients, adding more milk if needed to make a stiff dough.
- Mix well with hands.
- Divide dough in half.
- On well-floured board, roll each half into a circle about 8-inches in diameter. Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Place into frying pan (set at 275 degrees if it's electric or on low to medium heat if it's on the range), cover with lid, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and bake about 5 minutes more.
- Enjoy with butter and jam or slice of cheddar cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking. It satisfies me in many ways. And, I really like Recipezaar. My daughter, who also enjoys cooking, introduced it to me and I use it often. I had a Premium membership for two years before Zaar became Food.com I continue to introduce it to more of my family and friends. Zaar brought together a great community of cooks and my hope is that Food.com carries on the great tradition. <br /> <br />Feeding people brings me joy. Whatever I make I always stir in lots of love.</p>