Grannies Oatmeal-Ricotta Bar Cookies
I'm alway looking for a healthier cookie so I came up with this one. If you prefer you could use plain yogurt instead of ricotta and any baking chips would do.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, granulated
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup raisins, any type
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sugar, granulated
- Spray a 9 X 13 pan and set aside.
- oven temperature 350.
- cooking time 30 minutes.
- Into a large bowl beat together until creamy the butter,ricotta cheese and all sugars except the 1 tablespoons.
- Add eggs & vanilla beating in till well blended.
- Combine the flour,baking soda & salt and add. Add the oats,chips and raisins.
- The batter is thick. Place batter into the prepared pan and wet your clean hands with water and press down evenly. Sprinkle the reserved 1 tablespoons sugar on top.
- and bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Yield 24 bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was amazing. I tweaked a few things since the hubs is a body builder but this great for an after workout snack. I did half wheat flour half white, added cinnamon (1 TBS +), nixed the chocolate chips and just used 2 cups of raisins, for the ricotta i used about 75% fat-free and 25% part skim and finally i used splenda for all the sugar (white and brown). I can't wait to experiment with peanutbutter, pumpkin and bananas. Great base thanks a bunch!