Grandma's Tomato Soup Special
My grandma would make this dish for us when we were kids. The taste is mild for those picky eaters.
- Ready In:
- 7 -8 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 5 ounces 2% low-fat milk (do not use skim milk)
- 1 slice sandwich cheese slice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook the noodles as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, pour the tomato soup into a small sauce pan. Fill the empty can halfway up with milk then add to the soup.
- Pull the cheese apart into small pieces then add along with the butter. Heat over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted then salt & pepper to taste.
- Drain the water from the noodles then pour in the tomato soup. Stir to mix then serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love tomato soup and this is a tasty variation. I used only 1/2 cup of multi-grain macaroni to make it healthier. I love the addition of macaroni to this. I really couldn't tell there was cheese in this soup so I would just omit that and the calories to go with it. Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe.Reply