Grandma's Refrigerator Bran Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups raisins
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups natural bran
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups bran flakes
- Soak Bran in boiling water set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl than add Bran mixture to it mix till all incorporated .
- mixture must sit 24 hours in fridge before baking muffins this allows it to caramelize, this is an excellent make ahead recipe.
- Bake at 350 till toothpick comes out clean.
- let cool on rack and enjoy.
- This mixture keeps in your fridge for up to 2 weeks and is excellent make your muffins as you need them and enjoy these nice moist fresh muffins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have been cooking since i was 4 My grandma would put me on a stool over a gas range to make gravy on Sunday dinners. Making Gravy and pies since 4 years old and cooking ever since . and enjoy it as a hobby. and love trying new and wonderful receipes. My favorit cookbook is one from a scool that has everyones favorite receipies in it.</p>