Grandma's Ice Box Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 8mins
30 40 cookies.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together and set aside.
- Cream together shortening and sugars, add eggs.
- Mix flour and shortening mixture together.
- Divide dough in half, place each half on a sheet of wax paper.
- Shape dough into logs along length of wax paper. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler (Grandma uses semi-sweet or mint flavored for a surprise, leaving out the peanut butter in that case).
- Take one dough log out at a time and roll between 2 sheets of wax paper until it reaches across the paper, a little more than a 1/4" thick.
- Spread half of chocolate on dough. Roll up, like a jelly roll. Return to freezer. Repeat with other log.
- Allow dough to freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice cookies to desired thickness.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!