Grandma's French Toast
This is how my family makes French toast. This was from my Grandma; she learned it from the place she worked at. You can use regular white bread or cut French bread on the diagonal about 1/2 inch thick. The day old bread at WalMart works great. I am going to bow to the pressure of adding milk to this. My family likes it without but if your family likes it with you can certainly add it.
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk (optional)
- Pam cooking spray, butter flavored
- 8 slices bread
- Mix eggs, nutmeg, vanilla, sugar, salt, and milk if using, together.
- Spray Pam, or butter, a skillet.
- Dip bread into egg mixture quickly to coat so it does not absorb too much egg.
- Put on skillet and cook until lightly brown; flip.
- Brown on other side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I'll have to base my rating on DS and friends review. He was here for spring break and I made this for breakfast for them. I did add milk to the mix. They seemed to love the vanilla and nutmeg. I turned around to grab my serving to photograph it, and realized that they had already been eaten. LOL. I've forgotten how much boys eat!