Grandma's Chocolate Layer Cake
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, softened
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease two 8-inchor 9-inch pans.
- Sift together the cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add shortening, milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat vigorously for 2 minutes by hand or use a electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the other 1/3 cup of milk and the eggs.
- Beat for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into pans and bake immediately for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool. Frost.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">