Grandma's Bread Pudding With Vanilla Sauce
photo by theroyses57
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
1 9x13 casserole dish
- Grandma's Bread Pudding Recipe Directions.
- Combine sugar, salt, flavoring, cinnamon and egg. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly. Add bread cubes and melted butter and mix thoroughly. Pour into well buttered baking dish 9x13. Set 9x13 dish inside baking pan of warm water. Bake at 350 degrees at least 1 hours until inserted knife comes out completely clean.
- Vanilla Sauce Recipe (topping for Grandma's Bread Pudding Recipe).
- Combine 2 tablespoons flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 2 cups of milk in saucepan. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. When thickened, remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring.
- Let sauce cool and serve over the bread pudding. Taste best when sauce is cooled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!