Grandma Pauline Kings Southern Fried Chicken
The chicken that KFC. doesn't want anybody to find out about! "Truly finger licking good"! My whole family loves this chicken, it's easy and very affordable!
- Ready In:
- 8 chicken pieces, with skin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1 pinch allspice
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Put chicken pieces in a large bowl; add salt, black and red pepper, onion powder, and allspice. Toss chicken pieces in bowl until spices are distributed equally.
- Put flour in a medium-size bowl and roll each chicken piece until coated evenly.
- On medium heat in a large non-stick frying pan, bring canola oil up to temperature.
- Add chicken pieces one at a time, skin side down. Lightly sprinkle each side with onion powder and black pepper. Reduce heat to low to medium-low and cover with lid. Turn chicken pieces every 10 minutes for 30- 40 minutes. Chicken is done when both sides are golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Use a collander on a high rim plate to serve chicken on, allowing excess oil to drip free of the chicken as it cools to preserve crispiness.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION