Grandma Mary's Kahlua Spiced Peaches
This recipe is from my husbands grandmother. It's a family favorite. We don't know where she got it from. We were married 10 years before she gave me the recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2 (29 ounce) cans cling peach halves
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (zest of 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (zest of 1 orange)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Drain peaches, set aside.
- Drain 1 1/2 cups of syrup from the peaches into a saucepan.
- Add Kahlua, sugar, vinegar, peels and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour over drained peaches, cool and refrigerate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation