Grandma Larson's Sloppy Joes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (can use ground chicken or turkey, instead)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken gumbo soup, undiluted
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, Seeded and Diced
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- hamburger bun
- In large pan, brown and drain beef.
- Add onion, green peppers and garlic.
- Saute 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add chili sauce, soup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Can make ahead. Freezes well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been cooking since I was 10 years old...learned from my mother, a great cook in her own right. One of my first toys was the Easy Bake Miniwave Oven. I've had 4 years of professional cooking classes from the University of Wisconsin - Stout. My degree is in Hospitality and Tourism Management. I am a Corporate Meeting and Event Planner for a company in the Twin Cities Metro Area. I love my job!!!