Grandma D's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
photo by looneytunesfan
- Ready In:
40 Cookies (approx)
- 1 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the baking soda that has been dissolved in hot water.
- Mix together the flour and salt in a separate bowl, then add to the first mixture.
- Add the oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by teaspoon on to an ungreased baking pan, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!