Grammy Billings Steamed Christmas Pudding With Sherry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 3 cups raisins
- 1 cup suet (packed)
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup soft butter (a must)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 -5 tablespoons sherry wine
- Mix all ingredients for the Christmas Pudding together well.
- Put into 1-pound coffee cans or other cans that have been greased.
- Put a piece of foil over the top securely.
- Set cans in water and steam for 3 hours, watching that the water does not boil away.
- Serve with Sherry Sauce on top of each piece.
- Beat eggs well.
- Put sugar and butter in a bowl and work with fingers.
- Add the beaten eggs and then beat again with mixer.
- Add the sherry and mix well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>John 3:3 <br />Psalm 91 <br /><br />We are born-again Christians and love the Lord Jesus Christ with all our being.? We attend a small Christian and Missionary Alliance church in our town.? <a href=http://www.cmalliance.org>http://www.cmalliance.org</a><br /><br />My family consists of my husband who was a microbiologist but is now retired, two children (daughter and son), four grandchildren, and soon to be two great grandchildren, a girl and a boy. I homeschooled my oldest granddaughter up to a senior in high school. She is now 29 years old. My oldest grandson, who is now 25; my youngest grandson, age 20; my youngest granddaughter is in seventh-grade. Our oldest granddaughter blessed us with our first great granddaughter and soon to be great grandson.? She is the cutest little one.? I love them all. <br /><br />Hosta is my favorite plant, the only plant I own. I now have 123 varieties and they all have names. I add to them each year. I love to do cross stitch, paint, scrapbook, and rubber stamping. <br /><br />I have a rare genetic lung disase called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Type ZZ) that most people have not even heard about. Most doctors may have heard of it but don't know an awful lot about it and so many times it goes misdiagnosed. Feel free to z-mail me if you want to know more about it or go to the website?<a href=http://www.alphaone.org/>http://www.alphaone.org/</a></p>