Gram’s Secret 24 Hour Potatoes
These potatoes are a family staple for the holidays. It is my grandma's secret recipe. Be warned, once your guests try them you will be forced to bring them to every family gathering. These are some delicious potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 50mins
- 7 -8 medium red potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Par boil peeled potatoes for 5 minutes. Do not let potatoes get cooked all the way through, potatoes should remain firm.
- Grate potatoes into shreds with box grater.
- In a large bowl mix potatoes, milk, onion, cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
- Pour mixture in to a 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove dish from refrigerator 1 hour before baking.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until top becomes golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The flavor of these is fantastic. After 50 minutes, the potatoes were still a little crunchy, and we didn't know whether that's the way they ought to be or they were still underdone, but the texture was the main topic of conversation and we all would have preferred them softer. Made for Pick A Chef.Reply