Gourmet Breakfast Pizza
- Ready In:
- 1 1 flat bread or 1 cooked pizza dough
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- green onions or dill
- If focaccia is thicker than 1", cut it in half horizontally.
- Freeze second half for another use.
- Warm focaccia in 350F oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs with yogurt, salt, pepper and herbs until just mixed together.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add eggs.
- Stir gently as they cook so that curds form but mixture is still moist.
- Spoon eggs on top of warm focaccia.
- Loosely drape slices of smoked salmon over eggs.
- Sprinkle with pepper and chives.
- Serve in wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">