Gotham Rib Steak
Recipe courtesy of Old Homestead Steakhouse
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 22mins
- Bring a 32-oz. rib steak to room temperature for 2 hours before cooking.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Brush both sides of steak with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides generously with Kosher salt.
- Place steak in a broiling pan.
- Switch oven to broiler setting at high heat.
- Sear one side of the steak for 3 minutes to achieve a char that will seal in juices.
- Use tongs to flip steak to sear the other side for 3 minutes (avoid using a fork and poking holes in the steak).
- After searing both sides, continue broiling an additional 15 minutes on high heat for a medium rare finish.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a platter. Before serving, let steak rest 15 minutes, allowing the juices to circulate internally.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION