Gosht Vindaloo Curry
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 55mins
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 7⁄8 kg boneless lamb shoulder, diced dried with paper towels
- 6 pieces onions, medium finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, fresh peeled and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 -8 tablespoons vindaloo curry paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 450 ml water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 900 g potatoes, diced in 4 cm pcs
- 15 g fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat 1 tsp oil in 5 liter pan, add 1/3 of the meat and sear uniformly. Once lightly browned transfer to a bowl and keep aside. Repeat for the remaining meat & 2 tsp oil.
- Add remaining 1 tsp oil to the pan and heat again, add onions and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ginger & curry paste, cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add tomato paste & cook for 1 minute, stirring. Return lamb to the pot and add water, bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 1.5 hrs at low heat.
- Add potatoes, stir & bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for an additional 30 - 45 minutes at low heat, or until potatoes are soft. Skim fat and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with naan or spinach to the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!