Gorgonzola Madeira Sauce for Beef
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 ounce gorgonzola, crumbled
- In a small saute pan heat the butter to medium-high.
- Add the garlic and onion and saute until onion is clear. Reduce heat if garlic and onions begin to brown.
- Add the Madeira wine and deglaze the pan. Lower to simmer and let the wine reduce by half.
- Add the beef stock and reduce by half.
- Just before serving, increase heat to medium-high and add the Gorgonzola. Whisk until smooth. Serve on top of filet.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Mercy - I made this the other night to go with some nice rib-eye steaks and it was really lovely! There was just the right amount of cheese, so that the sauce wasn't overwhelmingly "blue cheese" tasting. It didn't seem too rich either, just the right amount of flavor and richness... Hope this makes sense! Either way, my dh and I loved it!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Greetings everyone! My name is Mary and I am a native Floridian. I live in Central Florida with my wonderful husband of 13+ years. I enjoy cooking simple dishes with simple ingredients.