Golden Turmeric Cauliflower and Quinoa Bowls
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size florettes, about 5 cups
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons becel with avocado oil margarine, melted and divided
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425° (220°C). Combine cauliflower and 4 tsp (20 mL) margarine and arrange on two-thirds of jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet.
- 2. Combine red onion and 2 tsp (10 mL) margarine and arrange on remaining third of jelly roll pan. Roast until cauliflower is browned and slightly crispy and onion is tender; about 25 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with fork and stir in mint. Combine remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) margarine, turmeric, cumin and red pepper flakes and stir into quinoa. Divide between four bowls. Evenly top each bowl with cauliflower, red onion and avocado.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!