Golden Tortellini Soup
Here is a Tortellini Soup that uses a clear and golden broth, rather than a tomato soup base. The nutmeg adds an amazing scent and flavour, and the soup tastes great the next day. I've adapted the original recipe, found in "Betty Crocker's Italian Cooking", for a vegetarian version.
- Ready In:
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups vegetarian chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages dried cheese-filled tortellini (I often use fresh tortellini and adjust the cooking time accordingly)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cover and cook the garlic, celery, onion, and carrot in butter in a large pot over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and water. Heat to boiling, and reduce the heat.
- Stir in the tortellini. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the tortellini is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parsley, pepper, and nutmeg. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Top each serving with cheese.