Golden Nugget Carrot Cake - Cold Spring Tavern
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from the Cold Spring Tavern in Santa Barbara, CA. It was also served at the Silver Screen Cafe in East Lansing, MI, before it closed. This carrot cake is incredible! It's very easy to make, too.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups grated raw carrots
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat to 350 and grease a 13x9 pan.
- Blend the oil and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Fold in grated carrots.
- (might be good with 1/2 c walnuts or raisins, if you like! ).
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- Cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients and frost!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION