Goblin Good Gorp
Couldn't get any simpler than this! From Pillsbury Halloween 2005.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 cup miniature cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1⁄2 cup cheese-flavored tiny goldfish crackers
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In 1 1/2- to 2-quart container with cover, mix all ingredients; cover tightly.
- Store at room temperature.
- Kitchen Tip:.
- For cute gift bags, buy some small snack-sized bags and black pipe cleaners at the party or craft store.
- Cut 5 pipe cleaners in half (makes ten 6-inch pieces).
- Cut 14 pipe cleaners into 4-inch lengths (3-lengths per pipe cleaner).
- To make each spider hold four 4-inch lengths together and twist a 6-inch length around the middle of the bundle to secure.
- Bend 4-inch pieces to resemble spider legs.
- Use 6-inch piece to seal gift bag.
- Two 4-inch pieces will be left over.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This turned out to be a great Halloween treat, sort of like a snack type of trail mix. I made it for a Halloween party for my daughter's equestrian drill team, but I left out the raisins (only because too many of the riders don't care for raisins, so I replaced it with some caramel apple-flavored candy corn to add a little more fall colors to the mix). It turned out great. I split the mix among some Halloween snack-size treat bags, and I made the piper cleaner spiders (which are super easy to make, by the way) to close the bags. And it turned out so cute, and perfect for a Halloween treat. I managed to snap a few photos and will try to upload one as soon as my computer decides to cooperate. Thanks for sharing this recipe, lazyme.