Gnocchi With Cottage Cheese & Bacon
- Ready In:
- Prepare the gnocchi, according to package directions.
- While gnocchi is cooking, fry the pound of bacon in a skillet.
- Drain the bacon on paper towels and pat to remove excess grease.
- Cut or break (depending on how crispy you like your bacon) the bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- Drain the gnocchi and put back into boiling pot.
- Add cottage cheese and mix well.
- Add bacon pieces last to maintain crispness.
- Salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Leftovers can be heated in a pan with a little butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good! Made this tonight for dinner as I had everything on hand. I used less bacon and added several sprigs of fresh thyme after reading bluemoon downunder's review. I used low-fat cottage cheese but did not find that it melted down, maybe because it was low-fat version or because my gnocchi wasn't hot enough. Thanks for posting - I don't make pasta often but would use it again.
An easy to make, no-fuss and very tasty pasta dish. I used a low-fat cottage cheese and it added as much creaminess as we wanted without adding as many calories as some of the more often used alternatives. :) Loved the bacon in this - always love bacon - but I wanted this to be a one dish meal, so although I'd used middle rashers with little fat, I only needed to add a little oil to my non-stick pan to saute some chopped garlic, onions and mushrooms with a little fresh thyme. I added only a pinch of the optional salt and several generous grindings of the optional black pepper. With bacon such a significant ingredient here, use the best you can find. We really enjoyed this, and I enjoyed some reheated next day for lunch. It reheats well in the microwave. Thanks for sharing another yummy recipe, Lainey. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!