Gnocchi With Broccoli and Mushrooms
Very good easy recipe that you can do any night of the week.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces assorted mushrooms or 12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup canned fat free chicken broth
- 2 bunches broccoli, trimmed, halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen potato gnocchi
- serve with parmesan cheese
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- (Don't use too much salt here. A little goes a long way).
- Heat 1-Tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and, stirring occasionally, cook 4-5 minutes until tender (mushrooms will release their liquid).
- Increase heat to medium-high, add salt and cook 4-5 minutes until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are golden brown.
- Remove to serving bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Heat remaining 2-Tbsp oil and garlic in skillet about 1-minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add broth, broccoli and crushed red pepper, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes until stems are tender.
- Meanwhile add gnocchi to pot; cover just until water boils.
- Uncover; cook 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Drain; add to serving bowl along with broccoli mix.
- Toss to mix.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this as a side dish to a baked chicken dinner and my family loved it. I made this pretty much as written, using a bit less garlic. I forgot to put the Parmesan on the table and they still loved it! I can't wait to serve the leftovers properly, with the cheese. Thanks Valerie for a great recipe!Reply