Gnocchi Vegetable Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups chicken stock
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese
- Heat a large soup pot over medium low heat. Melt your butter, then add your celery, garlic, onion, and carrots.
- Cook for a few minutes until your veggies soften. Add your flour, one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly so that it doesn’t burn.
- add your thyme, then your stock very slowly, whisking the whole time.
- Bring your stock to a boil, then gently add your gnocchi, corn, and peas. Cook until the gnocchi start to float, then taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper and red pepper flakes as needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!