Gnocchi in Rosa Sauce
You will love this dish! A simple tomato sauce made richer with a little cream and served over gnocchi. Buy frozen gnocchi to make it easier. Dinner will be ready in 40 minutes.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon fresh basil, to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 lbs frozen gnocchi
- grated parmesan cheese
- Saute garlic lightly in olive oil, then place in blender with can of tomatoes and tomato paste and blend.
- Add back to pan, add seasonings and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Serve over gnocchi and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a very simple dish, quickly and easily prepared for a delectable and very satisfying dinner dish. I used store-bought gnocchi but will use my home-made next time, this dish deserves it! An ample amount of sauce, and I also added a pinch of sugar. Very good recipe, thanks for sharing, made for I Recommend tag game1Reply
Thanks for sharing this recipe, Marie! This sauce was easy to make, but tasted wonderful! I just couldn't justify using canned sauce on my homemade gnocci (recipe #288096) and we were really pleased with the result. I did add a tablespoon of sugar to reduce the acidity of the tomatoes. Thanks again! :)2Reply
see 12 more