Gluten-Free White Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Dan Lepard's uses psyllium husk in his recipe for gluten-free bread. It turns out kinda like a french loaf. Hands down the best GF bread I've ever had.
- Ready In:
- 4 teaspoons soya flour (soy flour)
- 50 g potato starch
- 300 g cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 25 g psyllium husks
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 15 ml sunflower oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 325 ml warm water
- 30 ml milk
- Put the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- whisk the liquid separately.
- then mix the two really well for a minute, until they come together into a soft dough.
- Leave for an hour.
- Then, using a lightly oiled worktop and hands,
- Shape into rolls or into a baton for a tin loaf.
- Cover and leave for an hour and a half, until almost doubled.
- Gluten-free dough doesn't have spring, so a very hot oven helps -
- 245C (220C fan-assisted)/475F/gas mark 9.
- Brush the top of the dough with oil and
- bake for 25 minutes (rolls) or 50 minutes (large tin loaf).
- Remove from the oven, and from the tin or tray.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack, covered with a cloth
- this helps keep the bread soft.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION