Gluten Free Vegetable Lo Mein
My version of the Chinese take-out favorite, with less fat and salt than the original. I prefer San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce, a flavorful Tamari that contains 50% less sodium than their regular Gluten Free Tamari (Black Label)
- Ready In:
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 lb brown rice spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups sodium-free chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium gluten free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- garlic powder, onion powder, and powdered ginger, to taste
- Mix 1/2 cup of the chicken broth with the cornstarch; stir until well-blended and smooth; set aside.
- Simmer remaining 1-2 cups chicken broth with soy sauce, sesame oil, and seasonings. Whisk in cornstarch mixture; keeping just below boiling point, until thickened.
- Fold in thawed vegetables; toss vegetables and sauce with cooked spaghetti. Serve immediately; sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.