Gluten-Free Vegan Chow Mein
photo by glutenfreerecipes
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup gf tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 12 ounces gluten-free chow mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and dried with paper towel. Cut into small cubes
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (spring)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl whisk together tamari sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, maple syrup and tapioca starch. Set aside.
- Cook noodles per package directions, drain and refresh under cold running water. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the tofu and stir-fry for 4 - 5 minutes until crispy. Reduce heat to low and add 1/3 of the sauce. Stir to coat the tofu, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the wok and heat over medium heat. Add cabbage, carrots and zucchini and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add noodles and remaining sauce and cook until heated through. Add tofu and bean sprouts and stir fry over low heat for 2 more minutes.
- To serve, top with green onions and sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Kristina Stosek is the author of ?Entertaining The Gluten-Free Way? and ?Small Bites The Gluten-free Way? cookbooks. Her unique desire to help others suffering from gluten intolerance or Celiac disease has inspired her to create healthy gluten free recipes. She ventures into ethnic foods such as Indian, Thai or African, and still keeps the recipes simple and delicious