Gluten-Free Stuffed Mushrooms
photo by shelly808
- Ready In:
- 24 large button mushrooms
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 slices of gluten-free bread
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon himalayan sea salt (to taste)
- Heat oven to 350
- heat butter and oil on medium heat in a medium sized skillet.
- mince mushroom stems, shallots, garlic and bread
- cook shallot and garlic until transparent, add mushroom stems and minced bread stirring occasions for about 5 minutes.
- Add walnuts, all the seasonings cooking for another 5 minutes. Note: I like Bragg's Organic sprinkle vs Italian seasoning.
- Stir in parmesean and remove from heat.
- transfer to a medium sized bowl then add cream cheese in multiple dollops. Stir well to combine. Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Arrange mushroom caps onto cookie sheet, salt them, stuff them then cook in oven for 30-35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!