Gluten-Free Quiche With Rice and Lentils
A gluten-free quiche recipe that is also vegetarian. This vegetarian quiche recipe is gluten-free. Just like a traditional quiche, with veggies, cheese and eggs, but the addition of lentils and rice makes for a healthy gluten-free twist. Fresh parsley adds plenty of fresh flavor.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 cups rice, pre-cooked (use blend of wild and brown)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup cooked lentils (I like the french lentils, cooked in broth for 30 minutes with carrots and onion and splash of vineg)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cooked rice, melted butter, and one slightly beaten egg. Pour into a buttered 9-inch pie plate, pressing against the sides and bottom to form a crust.
- In frying pan, slowing carmelize sliced onion over low heat. Add peppers for last 5 min of cooking.
- Sprinkle one-half of the grated cheese on the bottom of the rice crust. Layer the vegetables and lentils on the cheese. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the vegetables. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a small bowl and carefully pour over the quiche filling.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 30 minutes. Let quiche stand for 5 minutes before serving.