Gluten Free Peach Banana Bread
photo by Simply Chris
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄3 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peaches, fresh or 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup or 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 3 loaf pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix all wet ingredients, except peaches.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Gently fold in the peaches.
- Pour into prepared pan. Place pan on center rack of oven. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until tooth pick inserved into center comes out clean.
- Let sit in pan on cooling rack at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My favorite cookbook, well I guess I have 3...The Way to Cook, by Julia Child, the Low Fat Living Cookbook and The California Wine Country Cookbook II. I am retired, due to no longer being able to work because of complications from the Crohns Disease I have lived with since 1971. For a while I didn't even do any cooking or knitting since the inflammatory arthrisis (secondary to the Crohns) was too painful in my hands and feet. Fortunately I am now on a drug protocol that seems to be working, but I am still not able to be as productive as I would like. Still can't work, but I am cooking and knitting again. My husband and I moved to Surprise, Arizona at the end of January 2005. My husband is retired from being in the wine business. I love to cook (and we love to eat) and am always looking for new recipies to try. Due to a slight blood sugar problem my husband has to stick to a diet that eliminates sugars and bad carbs, so I have had to modify a lot of the recipes we like. I love Recipezaar, as I have found so many good, healthy recipes here. I hope you enjoy the recipes that I post as much as I have enjoyed the new ones I've found here.</p>