Gluten-Free Oat Fudge Bars (Starbucks Copycat)
photo by katii
- Ready In:
BASE or TOPPING
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups certified gluten-free oats (pulsed in a blender for a few seconds)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For base/topping, cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix flour, soda, cinnamon, and oats and add slowly to creamed mixture.
- Spread 2/3 of this into 9x13 pan (it will be a bit thin).
- For fudge filling, melt remaining ingredients in a saucepan and pour over dough in pan.
- Shape the remaining dough into circles and press them into the fudge.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned.
- Let cool quite a bit before cutting into bars, as it will result in a delicious gooey mess!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an enthusiastic young chef who loves to experiment!! I love cooking because i have a multitude of food allergies including all nuts and some legumes, as well as celiac disease. Cooking allows me to enjoy the foods i love without worry! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/NewZealandFlax.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> How I rate recipes: 5 star - WOW! This recipe was really good and exceeded my expectations. I made no or little changes to the recipe and will definitely make it again. 4 star - A very good recipe. I quite enjoyed it, but had to make a few changes here and there. All in all, it met my expectations. I will probably make it again. 3 star - An ok recipe. I liked it a bit, but had to make major changes. It may have a good flavour, but the texture was off or something. Usually I don't make three star recipes again. 2 star - I didn't enjoy this recipe. The flavour and texture was WAY off and so were the directions. I will not make this recipe again. 1 star - I don't give one stars! I think they are too mean!