Gluten Free Ginger Bread Pudding
photo by GlutenFree W.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped candied ginger
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter (reserved)
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, plus
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar (reserved)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- Mix all dry ingredients (including candied ginger) together and set aside. Stir molasses into ½ cup of boiling water mixture and set aside.
- Mix butter and ¼ cup brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in egg until smooth. Add half the reserved flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until just mixed. Stir in molasses/water mixture. Add remaining flour mixture and stir until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into greased baking dish (8-9”) and sprinkle remaining brown sugar over top.
- Finally, whisk remaining ¾ cup boiling water with reserved 2 tablespoons butter. Pour over batter in pan, but do not stir! Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees until the top is cracked, set, and slightly spongy feeling when pressed lightly. Cool and serve warm with your choice of topping!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Gluten Free Sisters sharing their recipes, tips and tricks - from our family to yours.</p>