Gluten Free Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free baking mix
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cups milk, Lactose free
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add the 2 cups chicken broth, broccoli and carrots. Bring to a boil and simmer slowly until the broccoli is tender. In a small bowl, add the chicken coating mix. Add 1/4 cup of broth a few tablespoons at a time until the mixture is smooth. Add the mixture to the soup and stir well. Pour in the milk, and add seasonings. Bring to a simmer, do not let it boil. Add the cheese and stir until melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a military spouse, stay at home mom for two wonderful kids, and run a children's daycare in my home. Needless to say, I am busy. We have lived all over the world, including Washington State, Sicily, Italy and Maryland. We currently call Guam home, and are loving the tropical beach life! Our "hearts" belong to Wisconsin, where we were born and raised, and we long to return to the midwest.