Gloucester Codfish Balls
- Ready In:
- Pour off water and shred fish by placing on a cutting board and pulling apart with a fork.
- Cook potatoes until tender, drain thoroughly and return to the pot in which they were cooked.
- Shake over the heat until thoroughly dry; mash well and add butter and seasonings and beat until light.
- Add flaked codfish, beaten egg and continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add more salt if necessary.
- Form into balls and drop into deep hot fat (385F); fry until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep warm until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!