Glorious Mashed Potatoes
Very easy and delish and quick!!! :)
- Ready In:
- 3 large potatoes (750 g)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 30 g butter or 30 g margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup curds
- 1 (100 g) packet cream cheese, at room temp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh finely chopped chives or 2 teaspoons dried chives (use chopped cilantro and mint chopped instead of the chives for a variation in flavour)
- 1 green chili, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices.
- Place the slices in a pan with water to cover and boil covered for 15 mins ot till the potatoes are cooked.
- Drain and mash.
- Add the milk to moisten them and then the sour cream, cream cheese and salt and pepper till well mixed.
- Sprinkle the chives over and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I chose this recipe since it did not need to baked unlike other cream cheese mashed potato recipes. I used 5 small russets since they were on sale this week at the market... I used organic 2% milk, butter, full fat sour cream and cream cheese and fresh chives from the garden. I also added in 2 cloves of garlic to the potatoes as they boiled... I chose to chop the potatoes into chunks rather than slices and boiled for 17 minutes... I used my mixer to incorporate all the ingredients and they were so silky smooth and delicious... I wouldn't change a thing... a great side to Recipe #108277... thanks for sharing!!!Reply
Wow, these were perfect. I didn't tinker with this recipe at all, which is unusual for me-- all the amounts were dead accurate! I used real butter but substituted neufchatel cheese, fat free sour cream, and nonfat milk for the other ingredients. Still, they tasted fat-laden and delicious. :) I loved the chives, and next time I'll try the suggested cilantro/mint combo. I'll also add the chiles, but didn't for the sake of my kiddo this time around. I made these ahead and popped them, tightly covered, in a slow oven to keep them hot. Thanks for posting!Reply
see 3 more